So, it’s almost 2015! A new year and almost 10 months since the beginning of Brogues In A Coffee Bar. I must say what a year it has been… Firstly, let me thank all you wonderful readers and followers. I have some exciting things coming up in 2015, more art, sculpture, book reviews and more artist interviews. To keep informed and receive exclusive news and art inspiration you can join the Brogues In A Coffee Bar mailing list here.
To celebrate a fantastic first 10 months blogging here is a list of the top 15 posts from 2014…
1) Being my first artist interview, this is also my personal favourite. Malcolm Ryan is such a lovely man, his work is just stunning. Read more in Artist Interview: Domestic Paintings By Malcolm Ryan.
2) Another artist interview with Neill Fuller, I will definitely be writing more interviews for you guys!
3) The Enchanting and Secret World of Ryder.
4) My exhibition review and memoir from a trip to The Museum Of Modern Art in Arnhem, Holland…Threads: Textiles In Art & Design.
5) A highlight from 2014 has to be being nominated for the UK Blog Awards which went to pubic vote throughout November. To celebrate this I held Brogues In A Coffee Bar’s very first art giveaway.
6) An early post featuring Nic Joly’s Dantes Interno.
7) Folkestone Triennial 2014: The Goldrush.
8) Overlapping Images & The Eroticism Of Everyday Life featuring artwork from Stuart McAlpine Miller, Chris Acheson and Horyon Lee.
9) Another post about sculptor Nic Joly… World War One commemoration, Never Forgotten.
10) Book Review: Horrorstor by Grady Hendrix… One of the most terrifying books I have read in a long time!
11) Raphael Mazzucco ‘Montauk’ Launch, Mayfair.
12) ‘Olivia’ by Alex Russell Flint, she is just stunning!
13) Drawings by Mark Powell.
14) Frieze Art Fair feature Corrado K, AKA: ‘The Collector’
15) It’s the secret artist again, painting under a pseudonym Ryder ‘Winter’s Warm Hearts’.
For more inspiration, affordable artwork and features do keep checking back in 2015!